My parents say that from the time I took my first steps, I never stopped talking or slowed down enough to sit still. What can I say? I am just an extroverted woman from the Midwest who loves people and the God who made them.
The everyday me likes to:
Laugh (usually at myself).
Growing up I longed to be Punky Brewster. I faithfully watched the Cosby show and collected every magazine with a picture of Kirk Cameron on its cover. Oh, but now… we have Pinterest. I used to believe that I could create whatever the lovely “pin” before me depicted. HA. Let’s just say some of my Pinterest inspired attempts at cooking and creating leave my family and blog readers laughing. Behold:
Love (my blessings).
I enjoy the adventure of life with my best friend and husband, Chad, a pilot in the United States Air Force and a history expert. We are also parents to the world’s two cutest kids, Jackson and Katherine, who specialize in teaching us to have greater patience and who bring endless amounts of energy, joy, and laughter to our toy-infested home.
Live (all over, literally).
As a military wife, I have become a professional mover. Every 2 to 3 years the boxes are unpacked, and I face the challenges and blessings of making new friends and a new home for my family.
My life may sound perfect, but it hasn’t been. There has been enough cancer, rejection, and drama sprinkled throughout it to resemble a movie on the Lifetime channel. But every tear has served its purpose: to bring me to my knees and into the arms of Jesus. And that’s where I intend to stay.
Other random but important tidbits:
- When I was little, I wanted to marry the cartoon character Mighty Mouse because he would fly around my television screen and save the beautiful girl mice. But as I mentioned above, I married an Air Force pilot who really does fly around and save people. Chuckle. God has a sense of humor.
- I LOVE bows, all things Kate Spade, Texan/Southern accents, college football, and green tea.
- My favorite TV show of all time is LOST. Downtown Abbey and Gilmore Girls are a close second and third in my book.
- On most days you’ll find me attempting to homeschool, trying to pitch baseballs that my son can actually hit, or sitting in the dance studio watching my little ballerina twirl and jump.
- I love talking to the drive-through workers at my favorite eateries. I even invited the Schlotzsky’s drive-through window lady to our wedding. Oh yes, I did. They are people too. I beg you to give them more than your order and your money. I promise you’ll both be blessed.
- I am not usually at a loss for words, but when I enter the presence of Jesus, I am often left speechless. He is everything to me.